I have a deep love for smoked cocktails and I have found using a good ol’ fashion cedar plank tile gives the smokiest & best depth of flavour!
- 2oz Whiskey
- 1oz Red Vermouth (my favourite is Carpano Antica, but it can be hard to find)
- 2 dashes of Angostura Bitters
- 1 cup of ice
- A cherry or two for garnish
- In a shaker or cocktail carafe, add the ingredients and STIR over a cup of ice for at least 3 minutes then let it sit for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, light up a cedar plank using a torch and once it has a good flame going – place over a chilled glass and let it fill with smoke for about 2 mins.
- Remove the plank and pour the cocktail mix into the glass.
- Light up the cedar plank again using a torch and once it’s got a good flame going – place over the glass and let it fill with smoke for another 2 mins. Remove plank and serve immediately with a cherry garnish.
- Get lit? 😉