The perfect work from home lunch doesn’t exis.. WAIT. IT EXISTS. These simple Chickpea & Spinach Quesadillas come together in just over 10 minutes and they pack a punch of both flavour and nutrition with the addition of spinach, garlic and organic tortillas!
I don’t know about you guys but for me, lunchtime has been one of the only ways to break up my days when working from home so I like to make something quick yet fresh to break up the day with a hot lunch.
This recipe uses my favourite Grimm’s organic and non-GMO tortilla wraps that are the perfect size and texture for Quesadillas. And another plus with this recipe? You get to use one of your many cans of Chickpeas you stocked up on!
- 4 Grimm’s Organic Original Flour Tortillas
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pickled banana peppers, chopped
- 1 cup marble cheese, grated
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional garnishes: cilantro, lime, avocado
- Preheat a saute pan over medium heat with 3 tbsp olive oil. Add minced garlic and cumin and saute until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add rinsed chickpeas and saute for about 5 minutes until lightly browned. Add spinach and banana peppers and cook until the spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the filling from the pan and set aside. Wipe the pan clean and heat ~1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, fill each quesadilla with roughly 1/4 cup of filling and 1/4 cup grated cheese. Fold in half and place two at a time in the preheated saute pan, grilling each side for about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat same steps for the last two quesadillas.
- Top with your favourite herb and a squeeze of lime juice & enjoy a hot lunch!