Elegant & indulgent is what I am calling this recipe for Brie & Herb Stuffed Chicken wrapped in Prosciutto! It doesn’t get much more “fall-inspired” than this (if you ask me!) The best part? I got all these ingredients (both the basic and more gourmet) all from my local Urban fare – I love having to only make one stop!
It’s a dish that’s perfect for entertaining or for a cozy night in!
- Stuffed Chicken:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices of prosciutto
- 4 slices of brie cheese (~1 oz ea)
- 1 1/2 tbsp freshly chopped sage
- 1 1/2 tbsp freshly chopped rosemary
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pan Sauce (optional):
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Herb filling: in a small bowl, mix together the sage, rosemary and garlic and set aside.
- Slice brie into 4 even slices and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in the freezer while you complete the next steps.
- Butterfly chicken breasts and place inside a freezer bag. Lay flat and pound to 1 1/2 inch thickness using a meat pounder or heavy pan. **careful not to make any holes
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place 1 slice of brie and 1 tbsp of herb filling in the centre of each breast. Roll tightly using plastic wrap.
- Remove plastic wrap and lay out two prosciutto slices (per 1 breast) on a cutting board. Roll each breast tightly with the prosciutto slices.
- Place chicken breasts in a lightly oiled, oven safe pan. Place in the preheated oven for 25 minutes (or until it reaches an internal temp of 160 F).
- Pan Sauce: Drain grease and any cheese bits from the pan, leaving as much juice as possible.
- Pour in chicken stock and balsamic vinegar, and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook, while scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the pan, until liquid has reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add butter and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.