The only juice recipe you will ever need!
For about 2 years now, I have been drinking this homemade Green juice everyday! (Unless on vacation, then I try to find the closest thing to it). I am not here to preach and I am not a dietician or a nutritionist, just a regular person who has seen first hand the benefits to my complexion, digestion, energy, sleep, hair, (and so on) from drinking this everyday! I make 2 jugs of this juice every 4-5 days and it’s worth the approximate 1 hour total start to finish (with cleaning, prepping).
My juicing tips:
- Add a piece of something watery (i.e., cucumber, orange) after every fibrous piece (i.e., ginger, kale, apple) to keep your juicer running smoothly.
- Don’t be afraid to also include any fruits or veg that you have that are about to go bad! Have a lime that’s about to turn – throw it in! Have a way-too-mushy peach? Throw it in! It all ends up tasting great!
- You may want to use a little less ginger the first time; my body is very used to an enormous amount of ginger but if yours isn’t… well let’s just say things might get moovin’ & groovin’ real quick.
- CLEAN YOUR JUICER RIGHT AFTER YOU USE IT. This is a big one because if you don’t, you’ll just hate your life when it gets all dry and stuck and you’ll probably never want to juice again. Think of it this way… you don’t want to drink warm juice anyway, so make your juice, throw a glass of it in the freezer, by the time you’re done cleaning your juicer – VOILA – cold juice & a clean juicer.
- Don’t forget to compost all those byproducts!
- 1 large bunch of kale (roughly torn – juice your stems too!)
- 6 apples, roughly chopped (no need to core – throw it all in)
- 6 oranges (without peel because I find the peel makes it too bitter)
- 1 lemon (without peel)
- 1 huge knob of ginger (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1 bag of spinach leaves ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 cucumber (roughly chopped)
- 1 bunch of celery (roughly chopped)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Makes two large jugs (blender size) – Refrigerate for up to 5 days