Let’s be honest – what would tacos be without their delicious accompaniments anyways!? I served this trio wiht my Taco Fiesta – but I think they are quite versatile! I find the Creamy Coleslaw & Fresh Pico De Gallo pairs well with Blackened Tilapia Tacos while the Guacamole pairs best with Grilled Halloumi Tacos – but you do you!
Classic Creamy Coleslaw:
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (if desired, a mix of red and green)
- 1/2 cup of mayo
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Combine all ingredients (except cabbage) and mix well.
- Once well combined, add in the cabbage and stir mix until fully combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
Pico de Gallo Salsa:
- 3 large, ripe and firm tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, deseeded and finely chopped* (1 pepper for mild-medium salsa, 2 peppers for medium salsa)
- 3 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and mashed *
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Combine all ingredients and enjoy immediately!
- *Tip: I like my guacamole cold, so I often place my ripe avocados in the fridge in the morning prior to making guac so I can enjoy cold & fresh guacamole in the evening!