Blackened Tilapia Tacos with Creamy Coleslaw
When it came to deciding what fish to use for my Fish tacos, I asked my fish monger which white fish was the freshest and went with that! Sole & Basa are also great options for this fish taco recipe!
Recipe for Blackened Tilapia Tacos:
- 4 – 6oz Tilapia fillets
- 1-1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil (for blackening)
- 1 package of 12 Grimm’s Corn Tortillas
- *Makes 8-10 tacos
- Preheat the oven to 350° and wrap 3 stacks of 4 tortillas in aluminum foil. Place in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until warm.
- Mix herbs together and rub into both sides of each fillet.
- In a cast iron pan, heat grapeseed oil over medium-high heat.
- As soon as it starts to smoke – add the fillets and blacken each side for approximately 4 minutes – until the outside is blackened and the inside is flaky. *I often do two fillets at a time in order to keep my pan as hot as possible!
- Break up the tilapia fillets into 2-3 inch pieces and serve immediately in warmed tortillas with Creamy Coleslaw & Fresh Pico de Gallo