Yuppp, you heard that right: AVOCADO Pancakes! St. Patty’s Day doesn’t have to be just green beer after all! The Avocados From Mexico not only add nutrition and a creamy texture; they add a festive green without having to add food colouring. And marshmallows make everything better so why not add some for an extra lucky twist!
Recipe for Avocado Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup oat milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter for the pan
- Toppings: Lucky Charm Marshmallows, Syrup
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Combine the mashed avocado, banana, milk, egg, and vanilla in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Add the avocado mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Place a bit of butter in a large pan over medium-low heat.
- Once melted, scoop batter into the pan, and cook for 3-5 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Top with lucky charm marshmallows and syrup if desired!