I feel like we all have those “go-to” appetizers that we turn to when headed to a pot luck or dinner gathering – and I assure you, you’ll want to add this one to your arsenal once you try it! It’s perfectly shareable, visually appealing & incredibly simple yet delicious!
I used to make this recipe with a feta cheese base, until the time I ran out of feta but had goat cheese in the fridge instead. Since then, I’ve been making it with goat cheese as the base as I find using goat cheese and then topping it with feta allows the toppings to really shine and not be overpowered by the feta! It also makes for a lovely creamy texture that perfectly spreadable for a cracker or crostini!
- 300 g Goat Cheese (usually equivalent to one large package or two small packages)
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp aged Balsamic Vinegar
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 8-10 Kalamata olives – pitted & halved
- 3 Marinated Roasted Red Peppers, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Chili flakes
- 1 tsp Fresh Rosemary, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Crumbled Feta cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring goat cheese to room temperature and spread evenly into the base of a shallow serving dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, fresh herbs, chilli flakes, garlic and microwave for 15-20 secs just until slightly warm.
- Combine this mixture with the olives, red peppers, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar.
- Pour olive oil mixture over the goat cheese spread and top with crumbled feta cheese. Serve dip at room temperature with a crisp cracker or baguette.