You’ve heard of Nashville-hot chicken but what about Nashville-Hot Chips!? These have quite the bite so the Avocado Aioli made with creamy Avocados From Mexico is what you need to cut the heat!
These will be your new go-to snack – I guarantee it! Serve alongside some pickles to give you that classic cajun flavour.
Recipe for Nashville-Hot Chips with Avocado Aioli
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp pickle juice
- 1 tsp tabasco
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp cajun seasoning, divided
- Avocado Aioli:
- 1 large or two small Avocados From Mexico
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- Sliced pickles for serving
- Preheat the oven or airfryer to 400 F. Wash, peel and thinly slice the potatoes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pickle juice, tabasco, olive oil and 1.5 tbsp of cajun seasoning. Toss the sliced potatoes in this mixture and set aside until ready to cook.
- Arrange the sliced potatoes on a prepared baking sheet or in the air fryer (likely two batches depending on your fryer). Bake or air fry for 20-25 minutes until crsipy.
- Meanwhile, to make the Avocado Aioli, combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Remove the chips and toss with remaining cajun seasoning. Serve alongside the Avocado Aioli and top with sliced pickles. Enjoy!