The weather gets chillier and the recipes get cheesier! This is the ultimate winter comfort food – featuring four extraordinary Italian cheeses that combined, make the most decadent pasta you’ll ever have!
The combination of these four Italian cheeses is what makes this recipe since it hits on the full spectrum of what cheese has to offer! From soft and creamy Ricotta to slightly sweet Mascarpone, rich and bold Mozzarella di Bufala, to nutty and sharp Grana Padano – each cheese satisfies something different in the palette.
Recipe for Four-Cheese Stuffed Pasta Shells:
- 1 lb Jumbo Pasta Shells
- 2 cups Ricotta
- 1 cup Mascarpone
- 1 cup Mozzarella di Bufala, divided
- 1 cup Grana Padano, divided
- 3 cups spinach, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 handful basil leaves, chopped
- 2 jars of your favourite tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350F and and boil a large pot of salted water. Cook the shells in the boiling water for 5 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- To make the filling, combine the Ricotta, Marscapone, half the Mozzarella Di Bufala and half the Grana Padano. Mix in the eggs, spinach, seasoning, basil, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Fill the pasta shells and place the stuffed shells into a baking dish with some sauce on the bottom and cover with remaining pasta sauce. Top with the remaining shredded cheese, cover with foil, and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- When the shells are just about done, remove the foil and let them continue cooking for a few more minutes to really melt the cheese. Serve with more basil and enjoy!