Pumpkin Spice. Fresh Ginger. White Chocolate. Need I say more?? Seriously, might be my favourite cookies of all time. You also won’t believe how soft these are until you try them.
Doesn’t get more fall than this – if you ask me! These come together so quickly too – and this recipe yields about 36 cookies making it perfectly shareable for Thanksgiving weekend!
- 1 1/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 tsp ground pumpkin spice (sometimes called Pumpkin Pie Spice)
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/3 cup white sugar for rolling
- 2 Tbsp shortening
- ~ 2 cups white chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, add your room temperature butter and cream the butter on medium high speed until it’s soft and creamy.
- Add the sugar and beat on medium high speed for about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl a few times.
- Beat in the eggs on medium high speed one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition.
- Beat in the molasses and scrape down the bowl to ensure everything is well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, grated ginger, pumpkin spice and salt. Whisk these ingredients together until they are combined and then add the mixture to your wet ingredients.
- Combine the butter mixture and the dry ingredients on low speed just until no streaks of flour remain. You’ll have to scrape down the sides of the bowl a few times to make sure everything is well incorporated.
- Shape the dough into about 36 balls using your hands or an ice cream scooper. Cover the dough balls with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for one hour.
- After an hour has passed, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll each ball of dough in the white sugar before placing it on a baking sheet prepared with some parchment paper. Space the cookies out appropriately; since they will spread a lot. Bake each sheet of cookies for 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When you remove the baking sheet from the oven, using the back of a spatula, press the cookies down just slightly to flatten them before placing them on a cooling rack. This will help them achieve that soft and chewy texture.
- Once the cookies have cooled slightly, in a microwave safe bowl, melt 1 cup white chocolate chips with 1 Tbsp shortening at a time on HIGH power in 10 second intervals, stirring between intervals, until melted, smooth and fairly runny (I did batches of it because it will cool as your drizzling, it’s also easy to burn so you don’t want to work with too much of it at a time.)
- Using a spoon, drizzle white chocolate over the cookies once they have been cooled.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, share and enjoy!