This is my go-to lunch or weeknight dinner because it packs a punch of flavour in addition to a ton of immunity boosting ingredients such as kale, lemon, garlic, and olive oil. The addition of crispy chickpeas makes it more filling and adds a smokey element because they are tossed with smoked paprika.
This recipe makes enough Caesar dressing for about 4 heads of kale so make it at the beginning of the week as part of your meal prep!
- 2 heads of kale
- 1 tbsp grapeseed or olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/3 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- For the Caesar dressing:
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wash the kale, remove the stems and chop. Set aside.
- Rinse and pat dry chickpeas. Preheat a saute pan over medium-high heat with grapeseed or olive oil. Add chickpeas to the hot pan and cook until crispy, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat and toss with smoked paprika, salt and pepper. In the same pan, heat panko over medium heat until just browned – about 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by bringing a pot of water to low boil. Add egg and boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and place immediately into an ice bath. Once cooled enough to handle, peel and add to a bowl with all the dressing ingredients. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- Add kale to a saute pan and gently steam with 1-2 tbsp of water until just barely wilted. Mix in 2-3 tbsp of caesar dressing.
- Top with crispy chickpeas, toasted panko breadcrumbs and grated parmesan cheese and enjoy!