This recipe is nothing but delicious simplicity; celebrating each ingredient for all it has to offer!
I intended to use a ball of burrata for this recipe but couldn’t find so I opted for a luscious ball of buffalo mozzarella instead!
- 12-16 tomatoes on the vine
- Half a head of garlic
- 4 tbsp of olive, divided
- 1 lb pappardelle pasta
- 1 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 heaping handful of basil
- 1 ball of burrata or buffalo mozzarella cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Place tomatoes and garlic into an oven safe pan and drizzle with ~1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, after 20 minutes (or until tomato skins are blistered and falling off) remove tomatoes and place garlic back in the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta for about 5-6 minutes (it will finish cooking in the sauce) and set aside 1 1/2 cups pasta water.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Remove garlic and allow to cool until cool enough to handle.
- Add remaining olive oil to the now empty pan and heat over medium heat. Squeeze out roasted garlic and using a back of a spoon, smash them slightly, mixing with the oil. Add tomato paste, red pepper flakes and pasta water. Simmer for about 5 minutes then add noodles, cooking for about another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add the roasted tomatoes to the pan (you can keep the stems on or remove at this point).
- Remove from heat and add cheese and basil. Serve immediately and enjoy!