with Greek Quinoa & Champagne-Shallot Vinaigrette
This is my go to work from home lunch a). because it can all pretty much be prepped ahead of time, b). it packs a punch of flavour and c). keeps me energized without that afternoon sluggishness!
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp greek seasoning (homemade or store bought)
- 2 cups mixed greens, chopped
- 1 baby cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup chickpeas, drained and washed
- 2 tbsp pickled pepper rings, 1 tbsp quick-pickled shallots
- 1 tbsp kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tbsp crumbled Greek feta
- 1 tsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 1/3 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp smooth dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Make the quinoa according to package directions and with the addition of water, stir in 1 tbsp EVOO and the Greek seasoning. Once cooked, set aside to cool slightly.
- To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients except the EVOO and whisk together until well combined. Slowly stream in the EVOO and whisk rigorously until well combined and slightly frothy.
- Combine 1 cup cooked quinoa with the rest of the bowl ingredients and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Refrigerate any extra dressing, quinoa and chickpeas and enjoy within 5 days.