Calling all busy people: this is the recipe for you! These Grimm’s Bacon Egg Bites are truly a morning game changer that can be made ahead of time and aren’t your typical soggy egg bites that you’ve probably tried before (if you’re like me). These babies are actually “SOUS VIDE” with no fancy equipment besides an oven, a pan, some water, a blender and a muffin tray (silicone is my recommendation).
If you’ve ever made a cheesecake, this technique is pretty similar in that we’re creating a steamy environment in the oven in order to “sous vide” these and have them stay fluffy (even days later!). Creating a steamy environment is easy too – all you need to do is preheat the oven with a pan of water in the oven and I also added about an inch of water to the pan I placed the silicone muffin tray on. Since these silicone muffin trays are quite flimsy, you’ll need to place them on a pan (like I did) or in a standard steel muffin tray.
Ingredients (makes ~30 eggs bites):
- 6 slices of Grimm’s Traditional Bacon, cooked and finely chopped
- 12 eggs
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- 2/3 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat a sauté pan over medium high-heat. Cook the Grimm’s bacon, flipping 1-2 times, until crispy. Place on a paper towel to absorb the grease then chop into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Fill up an oven safe baking dish (such as a brownie pan or pyrex glass dish) with water and place in the oven. Preheat the oven to 300 F (with the water dish in it).
- In a blender, add the eggs, shredded cheese, cottage cheese, chives, salt and pepper. Blend for about 15 seconds until just blended. Add the bacon bits and using a spoon, mix until well combined.
- Add approximately an inch of water to an oven safe pan followed by the silicone muffin mold. Pour the bacon-egg mixture into a silicone muffin mold.
- Place in the preheated oven and cook until completely set, about 30-32 minutes. Allow to cool before removing. Pop them out and enjoy some now and save the rest for a week of breakfasts!