If you’re a Holidays enthusiast like me, waiting for eggnog to hit the stores won’t work for you! There’s also something about making eggnog from scratch that makes it taste that much better. One thing’s for sure… once you make it homemade once, you may have a hard time going back to store-bought!
This eggnog is also the star ingredient of the ultimate Christmas morning breakfast recipe for Make-Ahead Eggnog French Toast – the best gift you can give someone this year!
Homemade Eggnog Recipe
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla and slowly bring the mixture to a low boil, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks with sugar until the yolks are pale in color.
- Slowly add the hot milk mixture to egg yolks in batches to temper the eggs and whisk until combined.
- Return mixture to saucepan and cook over medium heat until slightly thick but does not boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream. Refrigerate until chilled. Cheers!