Sometimes the best meals are the ones with the fewest ingredients so that those ingredients can really shine! This recipe is simple, light & makes for an elegant and delicious BBQ platter – perfect for the Long Weekend!
I love a recipe like this one that can be a weeknight dinner or it can be a tasty & fast dish for summer entertaining!
- 2 packages (of 4) Grimm’s Bratwurst Sausage
- 3 heads of radicchio, sliced into 3
- 1 large onion, sliced into 3
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 2 cups arugula
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 6 metal skewers (if using wood skewers, soak in water overnight to prevent from burning)
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Using two skewers, carefully arrange the bratwurst in a parallel arrangement. Slice onion and radicchio heads into 3 and carefully arrange on skewers and drizzle with 1.5 tbsp olive oil.
- Transfer all the skewers to the grill, cooking and turning 2-3 times. Cook onions and radicchio for about 10 minutes or until softened and charred then remove from the grill. Continue cooking bratwurst for about 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- On a serving dish, arrange the arugula, radicchio and onions. Drizzle with remaining olive oil, balsamic glaze and season with salt and pepper. Top with bratwurst and enjoy!