Cheese & potatoes. Potatoes & cheese. Name a better duo? … I’ll wait. Seriously though… this simple recipe is every bit as delicious as it looks!
In keeping with the same theme as my earlier post for Roasted Greek Chicken Breast, this recipe puts a bit of a spin of a classic dish of Greek lemon potatoes. Prepared in very similar way, I make these potato “fries” with a good amount of lemon juice too to make them pop!
- 4 medium size russet potatoes, cut into thick matchsticks (approx. 1/3 inch)
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (Greek, if you have)
- 1.5 tbsp Greek Seasoning Mix (SEE: Greek Chicken Recipe)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- For serving:
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the EVOO, lemon juice, garlic and Greek Seasoning Blend.
- Place the cut potatoes into another bowl and coat the potatoes with about half of the EVOO mixture. Divide the fries evenly onto the two lined baking sheets, arranging in a single layer & trying not to overcrowd.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then flip. Bake for another 10-15 minutes until potatoes are cooked through and have a slightly crispy outside.
- Remove from the oven and toss with the remaining EVOO mixture.
- Top with feta & fresh dill and serve with Tzatziki!