Mini Egg SZN is upon us & I’m not at all sad about it! I’ve been making these Mini Egg & Milk Chocolate Chunk Cookies every Spring now for a few years; and I’ve noticed that every year my husband requests them earlier and earlier…
These cookies aren’t fancy or complicated but there are two key steps integral to making the perfect cookie 1). Browning the butter before adding it to your sugars! It seriously makes all the difference and makes your cookie extra gooey & decadent. 2). CHILL CHILL CHILL that dough for at least 3 hours! Also imperative for this recipe.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Cadbury mini eggs — crushed, plus more for topping
- Place butter in a saucepan begin to melt it over medium heat. Cook the butter while stirring often for about 5-7 minutes – until it becomes a nice brown colour. It will foam and reduce and probably foam again. Once the foam starts to brown, stir frequently so it doesn’t burn.
- Take off the heat and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Once slightly cooled, pour butter into an electric mixer or into a bowl and use a hand mixer. While it’s still warm, add in both sugars and mix on low until well combined.
- Allow this mixture to cool for a few minutes until the bowl is no longer warm to the touch – then mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Add 1/2 cup of flour at a time until mixture is just combined. Stir in the chopped Cadbury Mini Eggs.
6. FOR CHILLING: Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Scoop 2 tbsp-size balls of cookie dough and place on a cookie sheet. (Don’t worry about your spacing because this is just to chill the dough).Cover the sheet with plastic and chill for at least 3 hours or overnight. (I usually try to let chill overnight on the rare occasion that I have that much foresight!)
7. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cookies approx. 2 inches apart on two seperate cookie sheets with parchment paper and bake (while the dough is still cold from the fridge) for about 12 minutes or until they just begin to turn golden.
8. Remove them from the oven and use a spatula to gently press the cookies down and let cool for at least 5 minutes. Top with more crushed mini eggs for visual appeal!