This is by far one of my favourite trends, it brings all the holiday spirit and turns the common charcuterie into edible holiday art! I’ll provide you what I did to assemble mine, but by all means, make it your own!
What you’ll need:
- Two plates, one slightly larger than the other by an inch or two (if you have a charger and a dinner plate, that’s what I used and it works great!).
- Grimm’s Pepperoni sticks, salami, sausage ring (any variety), chopped on an angle
- Grimm’s old cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese, chopped into triangles
- A large handful of rosemary, about 8-10 large stems (thyme would also be a lovely addition if you have on hand)
- Handful of Sage leaves
- 4 Orange slices
- Pickled & preserved things: roasted red peppers, dill pickles, olives and beans
- Fresh or frozen cranberries for garnish
- Start by layering your two plates, the ~ inch difference in plate sizes will create a ledge so the herbs can be slightly tucked in. Cover the “ledge” entirely with herbs and don’t be shy! This is what really gives it that wreath look so you’ll want to use a lot of herbs. Next, add the orange slices, one per ‘corner’.
- Next, start by adding one variety of meat at a time so that they can be evenly distributed. Once the meat has been added, add the cheese followed by the pickled and preserved foods. Reserve any longer ingredients (such as roasted red peppers) for the end so that you can shape into the inner circle, creating the wreath centre.
- Top with cranberries and enjoy!